An innovative space to explore and co-build SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT solutions
“Le 17” is the showcase for SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT’s knowhow and expertise. Located on the 17th floor of the CB21 Tower at La Défense, the Group’s headquarters, this Showroom is an exchange forum for the Group’s various stakeholders. An experience by immersion made possible by cutting-edge technology which allows visitors to learn about the Group in a uniquely innovative way.
Made by faberNovel
“Le 17” is the result of a collaborative effort carried out for more than a year by the different subsidiaries of SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT as well as Implicite, a scenography agency, and faberNovel acting as assistant project manager. faberNovel worked alongside the Group in the strategy and management of the project and was in charge of developing the technology interfaces and co-creating the content and the design of the applications.
• “Le 17”:
Visiting “Le 17” is a 6-step experience with each sequence proposing a unique perspective on the issues and expertise of SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT. faberNovel was responsible for the design and construction of four sequences in particular, drawing on its expertise in new technologies and its methods in project design.
- Tree: an animated computer graphic image is projected on an opaque glass display encasing an olive tree. A genuine feat in terms of information design, it tells the story of the Group’s history through the metaphor of a tree that grows during the major societal evolutions and rifts starting in 1850 and leading up to the present.
- Terrace on the city: looking down from “Le 17” on the city of Paris, visitors experience a sense of heightened reality using an iPad. They explore more than 100 solutions proposed by the Group to build and manage a sustainable city. This application also offers them five entertaining and interactive programs focused on the major challenges of the city of tomorrow.
- Table of Innovations: a 6-meter long, multi-touch surface serves as a forum for SUEZ ENVIRONMENT staff members to exchange their business solutions. This high-tech piece of equipment is programmed with rich and interactive content allowing staff members to target the areas of interest of their visitors.
- Data Dashboard: a dashboard dynamically displays the principal indicators of the Group: water and energy consumption of the Tower and real-time data from the social networks.
faberNovel was also in charge of writing the specifications for the implementation of the different systems.
• A space that lives beyond physical boundaries:
faberNovel worked closely with SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT to make “Le 17” an attractive place for its staff members. They can log on to the Group’s intranet to prepare for their visit and participate in the activities of the Showroom. On the Group’s corporate website, “Le 17” is presented to the general public. Appointments can be made to visit the premises.
Finally, faberNovel had the foresight to ensure that the systems could run applications easily off-site. “Trade show kits” will allow to re-use the content and applications developed for “Le 17” at different events SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT will participate in.
“Le 17” has just recently opened its doors and already many visits have been booked. faberNovel will assist SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT during the first three years in order to promote and operate this Showroom: daily running of the Showroom, renewing content and ensuring equipment maintenance.